We at Yara are part of a global network, collaborating to profitably solve some of the world's key challenges - resource scarcity, food insecurity and environmental change.
About the Unit
To support our growth strategy, we are hiring a Sales Agronomist with strong potato knowledge.
Reporting to the Regional Sales Manager, the Sales Agronomist has responsibility for Yara’s sales activities related to a territory within specified crop segments. The Sales Agronomist will partner with local retailer locations, crop consultants and farmers to create demand for Yara’s crop nutrition solutions. The Sales Agronomist will work in close cooperation with Crop Managers and other sales and marketing teams to actively promote Yara’s crop nutrition solutions through demonstration trials, field days and farmer meetings as well as bring farmer insight into the development of new products and services.
The Sales Agronomist will be responsible for growing sales of potatoes in the territory of Washington state.
To learn more about Yara, click here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ufK5v2P2ArM
- Support Regional Managers on execution of sales
- Provide presence for Yara crop nutrition programs at retail local level as well as at farm level
- Execute demo trials and data collection and organize field days in conjunction with retailers and farmers
- Maintain and populate a CRM database to capture market knowledge and relevance of Yara crop solutions
- Work closely with Crop Managers, Marketing, Product Management and Digital teams to execute crop specific business strategies
- Provide information on foliar and micronutrient trends as far as crops, customers, digital and competitor activity
- Generate insights of farmer practices, content for digital promotion, engagement within farmers
- Bachelor degree in Agronomy or Ag related field. Master degree may be an advantage. CCA (Certified Crop Advisor) is preferred
- 3 years working experience in similar role and industries preferred, with value added fertilizers exposure and digital tools experience
- Hold strong crop specific knowledge (Potato), as well as familiarity with the market. Agronomic knowledge of other crops grown in the region would be an asset
- Experience in holding presentations to small or large audiences
- Strong customer service and interpersonal skills
- Strong business orientation, organization and planning skills
- Proficient in MS office, especially Excel and PowerPoint, as well as digital tools, such as Twitter, and Facebook
- Must be an American Citizen or lawful permanent resident
- Extensive travelling (75%); valid driver's license required