We at Yara are part of a global network, collaborating to profitably solve some of the world's key challenges - resource scarcity, food insecurity and environmental change.
About the Unit
Yara´s knowledge, products and solutions grow farmers', distributors' and industrial customers' businesses profitably and responsibly, while protecting the earth's resources, food and environment.
Our fertilizers, crop nutrition programs and technologies increase yields, improve product quality and reduce the environmental impact of agricultural practices. Our industrial and environmental solutions improve air quality by reducing emissions from industry and transportation, and serve as key ingredients in the production of a wide range of goods. We foster a culture that promotes the safety of our employees, contractors and societies.
Founded in 1905 to solve emerging famine in Europe, today, Yara has a worldwide presence, with more than 12,000 employees and sales to more than 150 countries.
Electrical & Instrumentation Coordinator
An opportunity exists for an experienced Electrical and Instrumentation Maintenance Coordinator for a residential position based in Karratha, Western Australia. This is an opportunity to be part of the frontline Maintenance Team conducting the field coordination and troubleshooting for all Electrical and Instrumentation Maintenance activities across an Ammonia, Nitric Acid and Ammonium Nitrate production plants. The primary role of the supervisor is to supervise, coach and guide a team of dual trade qualified Electrical and Instrumentation Technicians ensuring all maintenance works are completed safety and efficiently within relevant legislation and statutory requirements.
As part of the Maintenance Team, you will report to the Maintenance Superintendent. Your primary responsibilities will include:
- Lead and develop a team of E&I Technicians and Apprentices employed on site at Yara Pilbara
- Task and assist with the supervision of E&I Technician contractors employed through maintenance support contracts
- Ensure plant maintenance is carried out in a manner that achieves operational excellence in terms of safety, efficiency and reliability
- Review and sign off risk assessments at a range of levels, ensuring all risks are identified and controls are in place to keep staff safe on the job.
- Participate in troubleshooting and problem solving of complex Electrical and Instrumentation jobs
- Successfully complete training courses to ensure competency and maintain high level of technical and safety knowledge in your role
- Foster relationship building between site departments by being proactive in solving issues and cooperating with others.
- Minimum of dual trade certified: Certificate III Electrical Engineering and Certificate IV in Instrumentation
- Diploma in Electrical Engineering would be advantageous but not mandatory
- Minimum 3 years supervisory experience in industrial process plants – preferably Petrochemical or Oil and Gas Refining
- Minimum 8 years technical experience in industrial process plants – preferably Petrochemical or Oil and Gas Refining
- Strong experience is Control Systems/PLCs, Instrument Calibrations and HV Switching
- Strong safety ethic and experience working with Risk Assessments and Permit to Work systems
- Exposure to a SAP for maintenance work management
- Sound teamwork, communication skills and a commitment to quality
This position is residential to Karratha, housing and relocation assistance is offered.