We at Yara are part of a global network, collaborating to profitably solve some of the world's key challenges - resource scarcity, food insecurity and environmental change.
About the Unit
Yara´s knowledge, products and solutions grow farmers', distributors' and industrial customers' businesses profitably and responsibly, while protecting the earth's resources, food and environment.
Our fertilizers, crop nutrition programs and technologies increase yields, improve product quality and reduce the environmental impact of agricultural practices. Our industrial and environmental solutions improve air quality by reducing emissions from industry and transportation, and serve as key ingredients in the production of a wide range of goods. We foster a culture that promotes the safety of our employees, contractors and societies.
Founded in 1905 to solve emerging famine in Europe, today, Yara has a worldwide presence, with more than 12,000 employees and sales to more than 150 countries.
Graduate Mechanical Engineer - 3 Year - Fixed Term
The Graduate Engineer role exists within the Maintenance and Reliability Department and will work across Ammonia, Nitric Acid and Ammonium Nitrate production plants. This is a 3 year, fixed term role that will work closely with the Static and Rotating Equipment Engineers on Reliability and Maintenance jobs.
Job tasks and responsibilities
As part of the Maintenance Team, you will gain experience and contribute to the following areas:
- Ensuring compliance to Mechanical Engineering and statutory requirements
- Exposure to large Rotating Machinery (Turbines, Compressors, Expanders, Pumps)
- Exposure to large Static Machinery (Heat Exchangers, Piping, Pressure Vessels, Structures)
- Manage projects and uphold sound project management principals
- Develop sound safety and ethical practices
- Participate in a range of Risk Assessments at many levels of the business
- Condition monitoring concepts for maximum asset availability
- Reliability Strategy for critical assists
- Support the preventive maintenance process
- Complete workplace audits
- Bachelor's Degree in Mechanical Engineering with Masters/Honours or equivalent.
- Mechanical Engineering Vacation Work - desirable
- Microsoft office and database management skills
- Demonstrated employment history is desirable
- Sound teamwork, communication skills and a commitment to quality
This position is residential to Karratha, housing and relocation assistance is offered.