We at Yara are part of a global network, collaborating to profitably solve some of the world's key challenges - resource scarcity, food insecurity and environmental change.
About the Unit
Yara´s knowledge, products and solutions grow farmers’, distributors’ and industrial customers’ businesses profitably and responsibly, while protecting the earth’s resources, food and environment.
Our fertilizers, crop nutrition programs and technologies increase yields, improve product quality and reduce the environmental impact of agricultural practices. Our industrial and environmental solutions improve air quality by reducing emissions from industry and transportation, and serve as key ingredients in the production of a wide range of goods. We foster a culture that promotes the safety of our employees, contractors and societies.
Founded in 1905 to solve emerging famine in Europe, today, Yara has a worldwide presence, with close to 13,000 employees and sales to about 160 countries.
Graduate Laboratory Chemist (3 Year - Fixed Term)
The Graduate Chemist role exists within the HESQ Department and will work across the Ammonia, Nitric Acid and Ammonium Nitrate production plants, to assist in the analysis of samples in order to report on and monitor plant status. The successful candidate will work closely with the Quality/Laboratory Superintendent and laboratory Chemist to provide analytical service to both internal and external customers. This is a 3 year residential role, based in Karratha Western Australia.
As part of the HESQ Team, you will gain experience and contribute to the following areas:
- Under direction of the Laboratory Chemist or the Laboratory Superintendent continually drive for improvement in analytical chemical techniques.
- Assist the Quality & Laboratory Superintendent in Laboratory expenditure to meet budgets.
- Under guidance of the Laboratory Chemist or the Quality/Laboratory Superintendent assist in strategic planning for the laboratory including new projects and development of new analytical methodologies.
- Comply with all laws, regulations, policies and procedures concerning Occupational Health and Safety as well as local, state and federal authorities.
- Undertake project works and non-routine sampling.
- Preparation of laboratory quality reports.
- Bachelor’s Science degree (Inorganic or Analytical Chemistry) is essential
- Post graduate qualification/experience in Analytical Chemistry is desirable.
- Laboratory Chemist Vacation Work is desirable
- Laboratory experience with exposure analytical techniques is advantageous
- Microsoft office and database management skills
- Demonstrated employment history is desirable
- Sound teamwork, communication skills and a commitment to quality
This position is residential to Karratha, housing and relocation assistance is offered.
We reserve the right to close this advertisement before the closing date.
Please see more information on Yara International at www.yara.com