We at Yara are part of a global network, collaborating to profitably solve some of the world's key challenges - resource scarcity, food insecurity and environmental change.
About the Unit
Yara´s knowledge, products and solutions grow farmers’, distributors’ and industrial customers’ businesses profitably and responsibly, while protecting the earth’s resources, food and environment.
Our fertilizers, crop nutrition programs and technologies increase yields, improve product quality and reduce the environmental impact of agricultural practices. Our industrial and environmental solutions improve air quality by reducing emissions from industry and transportation, and serve as key ingredients in the production of a wide range of goods. We foster a culture that promotes the safety of our employees, contractors and societies.
Founded in 1905 to solve emerging famine in Europe, today, Yara has a worldwide presence, with more than 12,000 employees and sales to more than 150 countries.
Principal Process Engineer
A residential opportunity exists in Karratha, Western Australia for an experienced Principal Process Engineer. The successful candidate will work closely with coordinators and other engineering disciplines to improve plant efficiency, reliability and logistic operations across Ammonia, Nitric Acid, Ammonium Nitrate Solution and Technical Ammonium Nitrate prilled plants.
Reporting to the Technical Services & Business Development Manager, your primary responsibilities will be:
- The use of process engineering techniques and knowledge to achieve the company’s safety, reliability and strategic goals and objectives.
- Providing technical support to the Production team with analyzing production loss and providing technical instructions for optimizing plant performance and efficiency.
- Initiating and process engineering design review of plant modification and new projects.
- Leading and participating in plant testing and commissioning activities
- Leading & participating in Process Hazard Analysis, including; HAZOP, LOPA and SIL
- Providing technical assistance to the HESQ department to assist with timely resolution of Major Hazard Facilities (MHF) safety audits, National Greenhouse Emissions Reporting (NGER) and other regulatory compliance issues
- Participate in Root cause analysis as the process engineer subject matters expert.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Chemical Engineering, with Masters/Honors or equivalent is essential
- Engineers Australia (or other recognized engineering industry) membership is desirable
- Minimum 10 years of experience in a similar industry (Petrochemical, Gas Processing or Oil Refining)
- Minimum 5 years demonstrated supervisory experience;
- Knowledge in ammonia plant/nitric acid/ AN plant operations
- Experience using SAP and plant design simulation software ASPEN is a distinct advantage
- Fluent written and verbal English is essential
This position is residential to Karratha, housing and relocation assistance is offered.
We reserve the right to close this advertisement before the closing date.