We at Yara are part of a global network, collaborating to profitably solve some of the world's key challenges - resource scarcity, food insecurity and environmental change.
About the Unit
Yara is looking for a Commercial Manager to join our Yara Africa Fertilizer (Pty) Ltd team. The position will be responsible for commercial activities and customer support for our customers in Northern areas of South Africa and the Eastern Cape.
The position will be located in Paarl and the candidate must be flexible to travel within his/her area of responsibility, into South Africa and also internationally from time to time. The position will report to the Regional Director for Southern Africa.
- Develop and implement a commercial strategy which is aligned with the Yara Africa strategy (Farmer Centric Approach) to maintain and strengthen Yara’s market position.
- Analyze market, detect opportunities, create business cases and execute established plans to develop new markets
- Achieve sales and profitability targets according to the business plan.
- Provide agronomic support to existing and new customers in conjunction with the agronomic team
- Contribute and support the marketing and sales teams with marketing and commercial initiatives and projects as required from time to time
- Ensure that cost is managed within business plan
- General sales administration and reporting
- Manage and lead the commercial team and ensure continuous people development and succession planning.
- Liaising with relevant internal departments (Supply Chain, Finance & Commercial) to ensure that customer needs are met, and that customer requirements are understood and overall business goals are met.
- Lead by example and comply with the Yara Code of Conduct and HESQ policies
- Formal Commercial and/or Agricultural tertiary qualification
- At least 5 years working experience in a senior commercial role, preferably in agriculture
- Experience in an international company will be beneficial
- Computer Literacy - Microsoft Office essential
- Strong negotiation skills and ability to influence at all levels
- Very good interpersonal skills and ability to build strong relationships
- Ability to work collaboratively with others with a service orientated approach
- Ability to lead and motivate a team
- Self-driven and results orientated
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written) as well as good presentation skills
- Flexibility to travel within Southern Africa region